Re: I'm not a huge fan of systemd

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM, sp113438 <sp113438@telfort.nl> wrote:

> 1 poweroff takes ages (several minutes), and sometimes fails completely,
> this is very annoying

On Fedora, v208 introduced "slice" units and I (and many others) had a
problem at shutdown with the logged-in user's slice taking a long time
to stop, so much so that someone posted a perl script to the RH
bugzilla [1]. So this might be your problem. Are the shutdown messages
blocking on a message about your user's slice or service that's
prefixed with an "eye of cylon" animation?

> 2 switching to a console takes 10 seconds until the prompt

I've never had this problem but some people did hit it on Fedora. I've
completely forgotten what the problem was. Does changing the vt2-vt6
getty services to launch at boot like vt1 make switching faster?

> 3 my X-session is under Ctrl+Alt+F2 not F7

How do you launch it?

> Booting is fast

That's one of the development goals.

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=879425