Re: Anyone using exim with fastmail.fm's smtp server as smart host?

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Sat 24 May 2014 at 01:29:04 -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

>> > It should be after what follows:    :)
>> >
>> > In update-exim4.conf.conf change 'satellite' to 'internet'. There is a
>> > crucial addition to make to dc_smarthost.
>>
>> >    mail.messagingengine.com::587
>> >

>> There is no mention of satellite or internet in the file you cited
>> above. Perhaps you mean exim4.conf.template?
>
> Please read what you wrote in
>
>     [🔎] 8761l18n1d.fsf@newsguy.com">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 8761l18n1d.fsf@newsguy.com
>
> Make the two edits to update-exim4.conf.conf, save and do
>
>    service exim4 restart

Apparently in all my fiddling, having changed the line in
exim4.conf.template from satellite to internet, It has corrected
update-exim4.conf.conf so that it reads:

dc_eximconfig_configtype='smarthost'
dc_other_hostnames=''
dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1 ; ::1'
dc_readhost=''
dc_relay_domains=''
dc_minimaldns='false'
dc_relay_nets=''
dc_smarthost='mail.messagingengine.com::587'
CFILEMODE='644'
dc_use_split_config='false'
dc_hide_mailname='false'
dc_mailname_in_oh='true'
dc_localdelivery='mail_spool'

At any rate what you suggested was really all that was necessary.

It works just fine now.

Thanks for cutting thru all the mess I posted and having the patience
to stay with it.

That is such an easy configuration ... I think I'll switch my other
hosts to exim4 too.