Re: Anyone using exim with fastmail.fm's smtp server as smart host?

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Sat 24 May 2014 at 01:29:04 -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
>> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

>> > It should be after what follows:    :)
>> >
>> > In update-exim4.conf.conf change 'satellite' to 'internet'. There is a
>> > crucial addition to make to dc_smarthost.
>>
>> >    mail.messagingengine.com::587
>> >

>> There is no mention of satellite or internet in the file you cited
>> above. Perhaps you mean exim4.conf.template?
>
> Please read what you wrote in
>
>     [🔎] 8761l18n1d.fsf@newsguy.com">https://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 8761l18n1d.fsf@newsguy.com
>
> Make the two edits to update-exim4.conf.conf, save and do
>
>    service exim4 restart

I just went ahead before your answers showed up, editing three things.
password.client (adding my creds )
exim4.conf.template  ( changed satellite to internet)
update-exim4.conf.conf  (dc_smarthost mail.messagingengine.com::587)

And it worked... Finally I'll leave you alone.

It is really hard to just break thru all the lingo and information in
the exim man pages to arrive at 3 small edits to make it all work.

Thank you sir for your time and patience.