Re: Is zeitgeist safe?

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:44 AM, Theodore Alcapotaxis <theotaxis@mail.com> wrote:
> [...]

I differ.

Differ with what?

I do not for once believe Debian OS is free of bugs and bad coding.

And?

(Well, the bad coding part causes me to wonder, in comparison to what?)

The recent Heartbleed vulnerability is one case in point.

And not particularly debian, but so what?

Curiously enough, the NSA also claimed that the news concerning Nils Torvalds was incorrectly reported.

In reference to what?

I made some remarks pointing out that the information content in this thread is really thin, the misinformation content level is pretty high, and I attempted to insinuate that some of those posting to this thread might be serving the purposes of trolls more than anything else, which, near as I can tell is the case, whether intentional or not.

As I mentioned elsewhere, there seem to have been a lot of troll-ish posts over the last week or so. Posts which seem to encourage unreasoning paranoia or, in reaction to the unreasoningness of unreasoning paranoia, blindly trusting some sort of experts. Quite a bit of binary assertion where the binary propositions seem to completely miss any relationship to reality -- false dilemmas and the whole gamut of logical fallacies.

Anyway, to those who are not intending to be trolls in this thread, please at least try to get your facts straight before posting. (And since there is no way to get one's facts straight about the NSA, in particular, why not just admit we have no idea how many false faces they are presenting, nor how many places they are deliberately telling the truth in the assumption that the people whose minds they want to mess with will automatically assume the reverse is true, etc.

Deal with what you can deal with, learn a bit more, and leave the rest alone.

--
Joel Rees

Computer memory is just paper
and CPUs are just fancy pens.