Re: How do I mount under /run from /etc/fstab in 7.0/wheezy?

On Mon, 5 May 2014 12:58:34 -0600
Jacob Anawalt <jlanawalt@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is it a bug that fstab mounts under /run fail? Is there a hook in some
> other config to make them work? Is it always a bad idea to mount under
> /run?
>
> I would like to understand that. Then I will have more options when I
> pop the stack and return to Y and my learning won't be sidetracked
> with a case based only on Y.
>
> Thank you,

/run is a ram based filesystem, so there is no persistence of data
after a reboot.

When you mount something from fstab, the mount point directory must
already exist.

Unless something earlier in the bootprocess executed an mkdir to create
the mountpoint, it will not exist and your mount will fail.