Re: How do I mount under /run from /etc/fstab in 7.0/wheezy?

On Lu, 05 mai 14, 12:58:34, Jacob Anawalt wrote:
> On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:53 AM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What are you actually trying to achieve? This feels a lot like the XY
> > problem.
>
> At the moment I am trying to understand how mounts under /run are
> suppose to work on a Debian 7.0 system using tempfs for /run.

What kind of mounts, for what purpose?

> Is it a bug that fstab mounts under /run fail? Is there a hook in some
> other config to make them work? Is it always a bad idea to mount under
> /run?

It probably depends for what you use them. I notice that on my sid
machine I have /run/lock and /run/user as separate tmpfs mounts under
/run (also a tmpfs), so it's definitely possible/allowed.

Kind regards,
Andrei