Re: boot in console mode from grub2

On Lu, 05 mai 14, 10:29:50, François Patte wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> I would like to boot in console mode from the grub screen (ie not in
> graphic mode), but I don't want to be in single user mode, ie.: I want
> to have a "normal boot" without X.

Since you didn't mention I will assume you are running stable/wheezy.

One method I know that will work across all display managers is to take
advantage of runlevels. Basically you have to disable your display
manager in a non-default runlevel and then you can boot to that runlevel
by appending the respective number to the 'linux ...' line by editing
the grub entry interactively.

If you need specific guidance don't hesitate to ask, but please mention
which Debian version you are using (wheezy, jessie, etc.) and which
display manager you are using (gdm, kdm, etc.)

Kind regards,
Andrei