Dualboot: Strange behavior

Hi,

I successfully installed Windows 7 and Wheezy on my DELL laptop E6530.

As I do not use WIN7 very often and really don't look at the GRUB menu
when starting my machine as Wheezy is supposed to start automatically,
I discovered only two days ago, that the  WIN7-entry of the GRUB menu
has "disappeared".

I checked the partitions and everything looked OK.

With the "BootRepairDisk" (could not live without it) I recreated the
GRUB menu and now I see Wheezy and WIN7 again and both work as expected.

How could something like happen?
Could an update of Win7 or Wheezy do something like that?

Does anybody have a similar experience?

--
KDJ