Chromium not installable on Testing

So a few weeks ago Chromium came uninstalled and couldn't be reinstalled.

When I tried to install it I got this:

root@rocket:/data/vids# apt-get install chromium
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 chromium : Depends: libudev0 (>= 146) but it is not installable

A bit of investigation found that libudev0 is also not available in
unstable. I figured this would be fixed quickly and was part of the natural
growing pains of the Testing distro ... but it has been a while and hasn't
changed.

Before I file a bug, I thought I'd ask if my problem was universal, or
specific to something about my system.

Also, why does Chromium need udev? To detect webcams and microphones?

Thanks.
--
Carl Fink                           carlf@li-con.org
Chair, LI-CON, March 29-30, 2014, Rockville Centre, NY