Re: Question about wheezy-backports

On Sb, 03 mai 14, 23:28:22, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I have added to my sources.list the following line:
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-backports main
>
> But according to http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/, that won't
> make the backport appear in interactive aptitude, or be automatically
> 'upgraded' to the backported version.

By default backports will only show in the package information as a
different version that you can install[1]. However, don't forget
aptitude is highly configurable. For example changing the default
grouping policy to something like this may achieve what you want:

Aptitude::UI::Default-Grouping "task,status,pattern(?archive(backports)=>Packages with backports,!?archive(backports)=>Packages without backports),section(subdirs,passthrough),section(topdir)";

(or press Shift-g in interactive mode and add the "pattern..." part)

For more details see aptitude's reference manual (package
aptitude-doc-en).

[1] beware this may not lead to the same results as -t wheezy-backports

Kind regards,
Andrei