Re: icedove strange language behaviour

Le 03/05/2014 14:58, filip a écrit :
> On Sat, 03 May 2014 13:49:27 +0200
> François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
>
>> Le 03/05/2014 12:52, filip a écrit :
>>> On Sat, 03 May 2014 11:29:43 +0200
>>> François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr> wrote:
>>>

>> I went to "Language" in the extension menu and I could see Français
>> Language pack is disabled version 3.1.1195 in incompatible with
>> icedove 24.
>>

>> icedove-l10n-fr is installed and seems to provide a wrong version of
>> the French language pack....
>>
>> or icedove read this language pack from elsewhere (but where?) and
>> this override the   icedove-l10n-fr....
>>
>> I don't know! How can I find this?
>>

> What does 'apt-cache policy icedove-l10n-fr' say ?
> The correct version is provided by the security update repository
> (1:24.3.0-1~deb7u1)

This is OK

> If that is ok, there is probably an old version left over in the user
> profile that is masking the system-wide package.
>
> Try starting with a blank profile:
>
> quit icedove if it is still running
>
> $ mv .icedove icedove.saved
> $ icedove

This was not the problem! In fact icedove read some extension from an
old .mozilla/firefox directory which overrided the icedove-l10n-fr....
But, as all these extensions have quite cryptic names, I had to remove
the whole .mozilla directory and reconfigure iceweasel! Why make simple
things when you can make them difficult!

Thank you for helping

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique