Re: Weird random reboot -- thinkpad x220

On May 02, 2014 at 05:54, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 5/2/14, Ivan Kovnatsky <sevenfourk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unrelated, but how do you find the trackpad? I completely disabled
> mine in BIOS, since the "textured bumps" on it make the pointer (even
> at extreme settings) useless for fine mouse work - I could not make it
> work in non-extremely-annoying way.

Hm, I used to it.  I thought you meant touchpad, which I definitely disabled.
I do not do any complex sensitive mouse work, sometimes GIMPing, but for my
work it suits pretty well.  Of course there's some cursor drifting while moving
mouse with trackpad , that's the case.  But as I understood nothing can be done
here.  For this small kind of laptops, I think trackpad is pretty useful.
Would one get a mouse if (rarely, nowadays in modern tiling managers mouse
work can be decreased to 5% of most time or even less) mouse can be replaced
with trackpoint ?  Of course if one find it useful for him/her-self.

Ivan.