Re: Can't find media on USB storage

I've seen John's messages.

My current understating of the problem now follows:

- Newer Debian machines have udisks2 and not udisks. It seems udisks2
sucks [1] and is not doing its job like it should.
- Udisks and udisks2 are incompatible but we can install both on the
same machine. Installing udisks and starting its daemon solves the
problem - media is correctly recognized and devices such as /dev/sdb1
are created for sdcards.

However, udisks daemon is not started automatically. I have to start
it using "udisks --enumerate" on a command line. After that, both
Gnome and XFCE work as I expect them to.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to have the udisks daemon started
automatically...

[1] http://igurublog.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/udisks2-another-loss-for-linux/

--
Bruno Schneider