GPG S/MIME certificate generation problem

Hi,

I decide to try (learn) the S/MIME certificates usage. I am using GnuPG
for OpenPGP for a long time. Now I installed the gpgsm package on
testing, find some example on the net (it uses the old
gpgsm-gencert.sh, but it doesn't work too) and then i run:

gpgsm --gen-key

I fill the questions with test values with this result:

Parameters to be used for the certificate request:
    Key-Type: RSA
    Key-Length: 2048
    Key-Usage: sign, encrypt
    Name-DN: C=SK,CN=Slavko,EMAIL=xxxx@slavino.sk
    Name-Email: xxxx@slavino.sk

Really create request? (y/N) y

After i confirm the CSR creation, i get:

Now creating certificate request.  This may take a while ...
gpgsm: line 1: key generation failed: Unsupported certificate <Unspecified source>
gpgsm: error creating certificate request: Unsupported certificate <Unspecified source>

I tired to search the error message on the Internet, but i was no
success to find anything useful. Then i tried to kill the
gnome-keyring, and the CSR was created.

What i need to do, to gpgsm can coexist with the gnome keyring (under
XFCE), please? Or is this onply problem while creation of the key and
usage is possible?

regards

--
Slavko