Re: Hardware failover webserver cluster

Denis thanks for your "nutshell explanation"
I will try the following:

             SRV1         ----->  Node 1
client -->    |(shared IP)  \/
              |             /\
             SRV2         ----->  Node 2
                                    :
                                  Node n

SRV1 and SRV2 "monitoring software" and nginx with different backends as
load balancer
Node1 - Node n are backend servers with the Web application and the
Database.

Can I use a VPS for SRV1/SRV2 or should I use dedicated hardware?
I know that can not be generally answerd but I think there are just
proxy's they donest need guaranteed I/O and work in most cased with the
RAM or Cache.