Re: Debian laptop recommendations? Non-proprietary software only.

Or The Haswell revision of the Acer Aspire S7

Or the Asus UX301

Basically if you are buying a laptop new. Don't buy anything that isn't a Haswell chip - mainly due to battery life issues with Ivybridge series.

Also avoid anything with 'Hybrid' Graphics. There are issues with EDP panel recognition under even intel-drm-next kernel trees with these due to poorly implemented and documented EDP matrix splitters between graphics chipsets.

I have it on Authority that Haswell will be the last chipset where Optimus/Hybrid graphics will exists. Good riddance.

-Joel
@aenertia