Re: Debian laptop recommendations? Non-proprietary software only.

On 28/03/14 05:49, Testosticore Fantastiballs wrote:
> Hello, all!
>
> I'm currently in the market for a laptop/notebook computer on which
> to have a fully free installation of Debian GNU/Linux.

Sounds good.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lenovo_ThinkPad_Edge_E130
http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=PD024605
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/Edge-E130/wheezy

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:E420
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:E420s
http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/Lenovo/thinkpad+edge+e420

> Have any of you had experience with any of these machines or similar
> ones?

Yes. For your stated objectives you'd do better selecting a laptop that
*is* supported by Coreboot (e.g. the venerable T60). Search these lists
for a post by Stan on that model Thinkpad.

http://www.coreboot.org/Supported_Motherboards#Laptops

> Thanks :)

Kind regards

http://www.tuxmobil.org/ibm.html