Re: Downgrading packages (gthumb)

On 23/03/14 05:24 PM, quixote wrote:
*How* did you do the downgrade? I downloaded gthumb_3.2.6-1_amd64.deb,
tried to install with gdebi, and got the error message:

Dependency is not satisfiable: gthumb-data (= 3:3.2.6-1)

So I downloaded that, put it in the same dir, and got the same error
message.

The new interface is the absolute pits, and I use gthumb all the time,
so this is seriously interfering with my work! Aargh. And curses.

I actually don't care how I downgrade, so long as I do it successfully.
I tried enabling wheezy repos (I'm on jessie/testing), but it still only
gives me the horrible new version.

Thanks for any help you can give!

I downloaded earlier package(s) from snapshot.debian.org....and installed them -gthumb AND gthumb.data. Much to my chagrin, the old version ran, but there is some incompatibility because all the thumbs of jpegs in various directories on on my machine were distorted and mis-placed on the page. I never did sort it out, but still swear under my breath at gnome and gthumb developers :) I am back to the old NEW version which I hate with a passion.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

--
1984 was not meant as a blueprint for
democratic governments.