Re: Which ISO image to download ?

> If you have good (relatively fast) internet access, you can install using
> the smaller netinst .iso - but that relies on network access to do
> everything thereafter.
>
> lxde CD1 will install a fairly basic system with an LXDE desktop
> environment.
>
> [The other CDs would allow you to add more and more applications if you were
> network disconnected - but there are forty or fifty of them and you don't
> need them all]
>
> DVD1 is the same - using the DVD is enough to install Debian.
>
> If you have a machine that is able to boot from USB, you can use dd for any
> of the images to write them direct to a USB stck and boot form that.
>
> All the very best,
>
> AndyC
>
> > --
> > http://www.fastmail.fm/?STKI=8335525

You might need to use testing images before stable images, as stable might be
too old for your computer.

I had this problem with a PackardBell notebook, which used kernel 3.2.0 for
installation. This one did not see the network device (neither lan nor wlan).
With testing and 3.13-1 this problem did not appear. Everything worked fine.

Maybe I should suggest to use at least a newer kernel for installer CD's to
the installer team?

Good luck!

Hans