rsync: on remote machine: --info=NAME: unknown option

In an alias, I setup the following command to copy
files:

> rsync -Lprtu --info=name --delete-excluded --exclude="*~"

It works on my local Debian but when I try to use it
(instead of scp) to copy files to a remote
SunOS/Solaris system, it says:

> rsync: on remote machine: --info=NAME: unknown option

If I use -v (for --verbose, instead of --info=name) it
works, but it produces some additional output that I
don't use.

This appears to be a bug, since fine-grained verbosity
shouldn't influence functionality, i.e., the transfer
of files - right? The capitalization of the option also
looks suspect ("NAME" instead of "name").

With

> rsync --version

I get

--