Re: Debian Testing Gnome Wallpaper Missing #731239

On 21/03/14 02:03, Hörmetjan Yiltiz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this annoyed quite a lot of people, and now the bug report has
> been closed. Bug number: #731239
>
> But when exactly do you think this patch should be released in Debian
> testing branch?

No idea. Ask the upstream developers?

> It is already almost a month since this bug was seen.

Have you tried the workaround?

"Install gnome-tweak-tool, go to the Desktop section and select the
option that causes the background to be handled by the file manager.

You will now have extra icons on your desktop but at least you'll be
able to tell which windows are open and which were closed hours ago!

Conversely, if you can't reproduce this bug, try turning off that option
(in a brand new account it's off by default)."

> ​Best,
> He who is worthy to receive his days and nights is worthy to receive* all
> else* from you (and me).
>                                                  The Prophet, Gibran Kahlil

Kind regards

--

Please post only plain-text to the list:-