cdimage.debian.org how-to? what gives?

Following Steve Litt's enthusiastic report on netinst using v 7.4 CD, I decided to test whether it works for me, since I have always had troubles with installs. The first step, obviously, was to download a copy of the ISO, but I can't. I am using Iceweasel on a i386 machine running Wheezy, but the problem is manifest on two other machines: When I click on a hot-link at www.debian.org, the browser reports that the target is not found. I didn't mistype the target, I clicked on a link. This same behavior occurs for other web sites, but not all. It appears that I am cut off from major portions of the web. But news sites such as www.nytimes.com, work just fine. I have no idea how to fix this. I need to do research, but the way I have always done that is to google debian web sites. I need help with the process of discovering what is broken. I think I have done nothing to bring this on, but ... I know others have claimed to have done nothing bad, and been found out. I think(know?) I have complete backups, so I'm interested in just wiping the disk and re-installing, but how?, without a netinst CD? And I do have a Windows machine, which I never use. I tried to access cdimages.debian.org on it using FireFox, and could not. Same error message.
Which seems to indicate that there really is something wrong on the internet.

Help, please.