Re: which is the best lan messanger

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 02:54:59PM +0530, Debian Admin wrote:
>    I would like to know which is the best and stable internal chat with out
>    internet.
>    My requirement is
>            it should have centralized console to manage client users and
>    their chat logs like messenger server and client
>            chat log should be save in the server, and this for monitoring
>    purpose
>    Form the server side User creation, editing and deletion this should be
>    possible

I think I would look at ejabberd, the XMPP server. You should be able to
set it up on an internal server. Users can be managed through the admin
web-console. Centralised logging can also be added by loading a module
(which module depends on how you want to log, but have a look at
http://www.ejabberd.im/node/2782).

As it's XMPP, Users can connect using any XMPP client they feel
comfortable with (Pidgin is a popular one, but there are command-line
ones for example).