Re: recompile 3rd party modules before reboot?

On 06/03/14 18:13, Dexter Filmore wrote:
I use deb7 as a media center base (DVB-S2-PVR with TVheadend and xbmc), but
the DVB-S2 module (Technotrend TT-connect S2-3600) needs the tvlinux modules
in order to not have the kernel scream and die when talked to.
Now, each time the kernel gets an upgrade I:
-disable tvheadend
-reboot
-recomplie linuxtv drivers
-reboot again
-set tvheadend to autostart and start it manually for this time.

Now, a lot nicer would be to compile linuxtv before rebooting, but how do I
point it at the new kernel?

Dex

This sounds like a job for dkms, though I have no idea how to set it up :-(
From man dksm:

"dkms is a framework which allows kernel modules to be dynamically built for each kernel on your system in a simplified and organized fashion."

--
Klaus