Re: Read-only rootfs on systemd

 Hi.

On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 14:49:30 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu 06 Mar 2014 at 01:21:03 +0000, Amit wrote:
>
> > I need cups, so is there a way around this?
>
> This doesn't answer your question but I have a spare Wheezy with
> separate /, /home, and /var. I installed systemd, made the rootfs
> ro in fstab and booted with init=/lib/systemd/systemd. The rootfs
> was mounted ro. cupsd is also running.

https://wiki.debian.org/ReadonlyRoot#cups says:

CUPS stores any kind of state files under /etc (classes.conf,
cupsd.conf, printers.conf subscriptions.conf) and upstream is against
any modification.

Personally I worked around similar problem by moving /etc/cups
to /var/opt, and symlinking /var/opt/cups to /etc.

Reco