Re: Read-only rootfs on systemd

Amit <amit.uttam <at> gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> However, setting up a fresh install of systemd, the readonly does not
> have any effect. The rootfs is still mounted as rw. All I did was
> changed /etc/fstab. Based on the systemd man pages, this should be
> enough.
>
> How do I go about debugging/fixing this issue?

The problem is cupsd. Doing an 'lsof +L1':

COMMAND PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NLINK   NODE NAME

cupsd   825 root    8r   REG    8,1     1392     0 132009 /etc/passwd (deleted)

Stopping cups service and re-mounting as 'ro' now works.

I need cups, so is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Amit