Re: Help with GPT

On 03/03/14 10:33, ha wrote:
Last few weekends I struggled with the GPT. I've tried to install debian
7.2 from live DVD (but booting from USB). However, at the end of
installation I always receive the message "Grub-pc package failed to
install into /target/", or something like that. Now, I'm aware that I
can solve this by booting to rescue mode, doing grub-install, chroot
into the instaled system and simply update grub. However, I'm getting
really pissed of by this "post-installation tweaking", and my lack of
knowledge on how to avoid it. So I must humbly ask If someone knows a
way around this, i.e. how to persuade the debian installer to install grub.

Or perhaps this just doesn't work, and I should go back to MBR? I've read somewhere that on newer kernels (3.3+, if I recall correctly) grub could become obsolete since there are some modules(?) to boot using UEFI, so perhaps this is an option - if someone could point me in the right direction? I believe that jessie could be mature enough for this.