Re: Firmware stuff - was systemd fight

On Mon 03 Mar 2014 at 19:04:20 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> The responses that I got from Samsung, were that their printers are
> not compatible with Debian Linux, after Debian Linux 5.
>
> I had contacted Samsung.

Manufacturers neglecting to continue support for equipment is nothing
new. You choose to use ( or in this case have no choice but to choose)
the supplier's drivers. The responsibilty for reduced or non-existent
scanning ability lies with them. 'not compatible' means they cannot be
bothered to do anything about it.

What rabbit do you expect Debian to pull out of the hat to fix a closed
source driver? You could always run your CLX3185FW with Debian 5. :)