Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 10:53:51 +0000
Jack <jack@jackpot.uk.net> wrote:

> On 02/03/2014 05:11, Eric Newcomb wrote:
> > Technical issues aside, I went through the list of members of the
> > tech-ctte, found here: https://www.debian.org/intro/organization. I
> > searched each name on the list on Google, and I can't honestly find
> > any evidence that the committee is "stacked" with Redhat and/or
> > Canonical employees. I'd like to see some proof of these assertions
> > before I'd give any credence to claims of conspiracy.
>
> I also disapprove of such claims. It's unfortunate that the CTTE split
> in the way that it did. But I followed the discussion on bug 727708 with
> considerable interest; it was a serious, open technical discussion. You
> need proper evidence, not just suspicions, to start chucking around such
> claims.

You can see if people are capable for other opinions only when they are faced with real arguments that show they are wrong. And that happened from sysvinit supporters, and you can see how sysvinit supporters were treated.