Re: Firmware stuff - was systemd fight

On Monday 03 March 2014 09:10:46 Bret Busby wrote:
> The device is a Samsung CLX3185FW, and it had drivers that worked
> with Debian 5.

Contact Samsung.  If you have difficulty in getting through to someone
who speaks "Linux" mail me off-list and I'll give you a name.

A client had bought a Samsung AIO because it claimed to run in Linux.
The scanner didn't.  The first line defence was no use - not because
of lack of desire to help.  They were very willing.  But because of
lack of knowledge.  But when I was put through to someone who knew
Linux, within a very short time the thing was working.  They have
various alternative drivers.

Lisi