"cloning" a debian installation

Hi
I'm using debian 7.3 on my laptop (Dell E5530) and it runs perfectly fine. I'm considering remplacing the hdd by a ssd. The thing is I'd rather not go through the hassle of setting up debian to suit my computer. The question I'm asking is, what would be the simplest way(if it is possible) to "clone" my existing installation onto the new ssd. Knowing that the root and the home are on two different partition of my hdd which are the only partition on my disk beside the swap. Howewer the ssd is smaller than the disk and the home partition will need to be resized. I also consider slightly increasing the root partition size as it is quitte full (77%) after running "apt-get clean".

Since I am at it, I would also like to know if it is possible to remove the swap as it is bad for ssd life to write and rewrite, and I have plenty (8 giga) of ram.

Cheers
Fabrice