Re: Wireless AP setup: RTL8188CUS

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu 30 Jan 2014 at 21:12:54 +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> sudo modprobe rtl8192cu
>> libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:505
>> kmod_lookup_alias_from_builtin_file: could not open builtin file
>> '/lib/modules/2.6.39.4-4/modules.builtin.bin'
>
> This is kernel 2.6.39.4-4. Are you using Squeeze?

This is a Debian GNU/Linux 7.3 (wheezy) on the Bubba | Two headless
Power PC. ( One can see about the Bubba 3 here:
http://www.excitostore.com/ ). There are no more Bubba | Two out there..

I have had remove the Bubba stuff ( packages ) and had installed only
Debian GNU/Linux Sqweeze, and when Wheezy com out as a stable release, I
upgraded Squeeze to Wheezy on my headless Bubba | Two Power PC.

My sources.list on this system is now:
<quote>
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://b3.update.excito.org/ stable main
</quote>

Maybe this is the problem, because a few months ago the last line abowe
was:
deb http://update.excito.org/ stable main

Yesterday when I want to update the Bubba system, this link:
deb http://update.excito.org/ stable main

doesn't works any more, so I found the link:
deb http://b3.update.excito.org/ stable main

which I'm being using now.

So, again, maybe this is not right link for my Wheezy system..

This is because the linux image, the kernel is not supported yet by the
Debian package management ( as I know ) for this peace of hardware, and
the kernel must updated from excito.org.

--
Regards from Pal