Re: PXE install, without internet?

> NO. Stop there! :)
>
> Don't open a shell. Just proceed to the next step in the installer and
> enter the proxy information as asked.
>
> The Debian installer will do all that for you.

Somebody above mentioned that there is a bug in the debian installer
and you need to manually give the proxy.
If not what am I supposed to enter there.
First page on the proxy says that if you need a proxy to access the
outside world.....
The format on this page is
"http://[user][:pass]@host[:port]/";

So I gave http://172.16.4.104:3142/  # I never gave the trailing / before
and now its working. Feels great to see the packages retrieved at the
speed of light.

Now if I use this as preseed string will it work?

### Mirror settings
# If you select ftp, the mirror/country string does not need to be set.
#d-i mirror/protocol string ftp
d-i mirror/country string manual
d-i mirror/http/hostname string http.us.debian.org
d-i mirror/http/directory string /debian
d-i mirror/http/proxy http://172.16.4.104:3142/  #This line?

###

It should work right?

Now  I ran into some other problems. Only a few computers are able to
find the PXE server
Not all.
Is there a limit on the number of machines that can be installed at a
time using a PXE server?

Thanks for all your support! I finally got the apt-cacher-ng part working.

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav