Re: PXE install, without internet?

Okay, Thanks for everything guys!! But still I am not able to get this work.

So is what I am trying to do:

Case I : Without Preseed:

I boot from the PXE server. I go to the mirror selection page on the
debian installer.
I execute a shell. I create the directories
#mkdir -p /etc/apt/apt.conf.d

then using the nano editor: I write the following line.

Acquire::http { Proxy "http://172.16.4.104:3142/";; };

I have also tried this syntax ( as suggested by Klaus)
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://172.16.4.104:3142/";;

Still it downloads all the packages and the release files from the internet.

Yes on my server where apt-cacher-ng is installed, all packages have
been successfully imported from the iso.
I can confirm it as I have installed many packages from cacher from an
pre installed debian client. Works like a charm.

Now Case II:- With preseed:

1) I got the example pressed file from debian.org.Here is a link to
it. http://paste.debian.net/78953/

More specifically I have this as my repositories in preseed:

### Mirror settings
# If you select ftp, the mirror/country string does not need to be set.
#d-i mirror/protocol string ftp
d-i mirror/country string manual
d-i mirror/http/hostname string http.us.debian.org
d-i mirror/http/directory string /debian
d-i mirror/http/proxy http://172.16.4.104:3142

Now I have saved the above in /var/www/ and this is my entry in
/srv/tftp/pxelinux.cfg/default file

# D-I config version 2.0
include debian-installer/amd64/boot-screens/menu.cfg
default debian-installer/amd64/boot-screens/vesamenu.c32
prompt 0
timeout 0

    label amd64
        kernel debian-installer/amd64/linux
        append vga=normal initrd=debian-installer/amd64/initrd.gz
netcfg/choose_interface=eth0 domain=WORKGROUP
debian-installer/country=IN debian-installer/language=en
auto-install/enable=false preseed/url=http://172.16.4.104/preseed.cfg
DEBCONF_DEBUG=5 -- quiet

When I boot a client from tftp, and I select the amd64 label on the
installer, many pages on the installer are skipped. Yet the packages
are downloaded from the internet.

I know I am little persistent, maybe I am missing something, but I
feel I am almost there. I apologize if you guys feel that I am doing
my research properly, or I am asking too noob questions. I just don't
know why I am doing this, this thing is not in my syllabus, I am not
supposed to do this, I am not getting paid for this, but still, I just
want to get it to work!

Please help!