Re: wifi connection tool?

On 2014-12-29 12:04:24 +0100, Hans wrote:
> Did you read this article?
>
> http://www.linuxx.eu/2014/03/automatically-reconnect-wifi-debian.html

This is for Network Manager (which I'm not using since it handles
the full network configuration, but I already have my own for
Ethernet, and I don't want it to be broken).

> There is another blog, you might find interesting:
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-wireless-networking-41/reconnect-to-wireless-network-386754/

It seems to be for a machine that uses wifi only.

> And last but not least, maybe this blog might bve also usefull:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8580879

It suggests either Network Manager (not OK) or wicd (buggy).

Now, concerning wicd, I've written a patch last night (the upstream
one doesn't solve the problem), and I'm still waiting for the next
disconnection to see if it works...