Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/27/2014 7:20 PM, Celejar wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 14:02:52 -0500
> Jerry Stuckle <stucklejerry@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Your type of situation is well understood and there is sympathy for it.
>>>

>> I appreciate that - but unfortunately, sympathy doesn't solve the problem :)
>
> Someone may have suggested this, and I know it doesn't really solve the
> core problem, but perhaps consider suspending (to disk or ram) instead
> of shutting down when you have a presentation scheduled?
>
> Celejar

That's a fine idea if I'm booted into that OS previously.  But I have
several development systems on here I use for client work, and the OS I
use for presentations is pretty vanilla.  The last thing I need is to
find out just before a presentation that I screwed up a device driver
and the OS won't boot :)

Jerry