Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

Frédéric Marchal writes:
 > Le Wednesday 10 December 2014 08:05:49, tv.debian@googlemail.com a écrit :
 > > >
 > > > 2) is it wise to run fsck at that time? I have seen strong opposition in

Usually on shutdown you run sync that flushes the cache to the disk,
cleanly preparing the disk for unmounting. The mount command should
'run' sync automatically when unmounting.

You run fsck on power up because the 'system does not remember' if it
was shut-off cleanly or not. If the disks are clean and the last check
is not too old, fsck just report this and does nothing. Else it takes
care of the safety of your data.

fsck may take time. Relax, it needs that time.

"The bearing of a child takes nine months, no matter how many women
are assigned." ["The Mythical Man-Month", Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.]

"Ghe voe tempo, se speta" ["it takes time, just wait", old Venice
saying]

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO