Re: Wheezy->Jessie upgrade: udev (pre)install issue

On Saturday 27 December 2014 20:27:16 Matthijs wrote:
>  Or is
> stopping the upgrade for these exotic cases better?

Some people would probably be quite upset if their nice custom kernel was
replaced without a by-your-leave.  I would be if I had gone to the trouble of
rolling one!

Personally, I think stopping is much better.  Had you read the release notes
you might have known to deal with the kernel and udev in advance.  (I haven't
read them yet, so they might not say.)  This isn't the first recent upgrade
where this has been necessary.  (Was it Squeeze to Wheezy?)

Lisi