Re: wine does nothing

François Patte:
> I installed wine on my debian sid and tried to run this program:
>
> wine GarminExpress.exe

You mean GarminExpressInstaller.exe, I guess.
Googling around, I see that Garmin Express indeed refuses to install
under Wine. But even if it did install, Wine does not work with USB
AFAIK, so you could not access the device anyway.

I did find a way to determine the direct links to new firmware, after
which you could update the device manually.
But I have not found something similar for updating _maps_ yet.
So I must say, it looks rather gloomy...