Re: wine does nothing

Op Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:43:13 +0100 schreef François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr>:

Bonjour,

I have a garmin GPS; in order to register the product and update the
maps, there is only a windows application GarminExpress.

I have no windows install, so I installed wine on my debian sid and
tried to run this program:

wine GarminExpress.exe

use the wine-development version. This version is more uptodate

But, wine seems to do nothing, says nothing and, after a while gives
up without any message...

Do I have to install something else? Is there a way to understand why
wine gives up? Some logs somewhere?

run

WINEDEBUG=warn+all wine-development GarminExpress.exe

and you will see the messages on the terminal.

Moreover, I cannot see any wine menu in xfce menus... Is it normal?

Sorry I don't know.

Thanks for anty help.

- --
François Patte