Re: Unable to start kvm virtual machines after re-install of "testing"

I have got the same problem, after a reinstall of testing I get the message about "Unable to find a suitable CPU" when trying to create a new VM (any flavour). It was working before the reinstall.

My CPU details are as follows.
processor    : 7
vendor_id    : AuthenticAMD
cpu family    : 21
model        : 2
model name    : AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor
stepping    : 0
microcode    : 0x6000822
cpu MHz        : 4700.000
cache size    : 2048 KB
physical id    : 0
siblings    : 8
core id        : 7
cpu cores    : 4
apicid        : 23
initial apicid    : 7
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 13
wp        : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc extd_apicid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx f16c lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs xop skinit wdt lwp fma4 tce nodeid_msr tbm topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb arat cpb hw_pstate npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold bmi1
bogomips    : 9444.18
TLB size    : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro

Regards

Dave Bamford