Re: Machine hangs at boot

On Monday 15 December 2014 16:14:09 German wrote:
> SDB is ext4. It is just a disk I use for data. Under normal circumstances,
> when system operating normally it isn't mounted for some reason and it gets
> mounted when I just click on it in LXDE. I guess that's why it's not
> initialized

LXDE can't mount a ext4 partition if the disk partition table is unknown.

Could the partition table be in an unusual format and the new kernel doesn't
support that format anymore? I doubt it. It is more likely that it got
corrupted but you didn't notice until the system was rebooted.

Can you check that disk with a live cd, rescue mode or whatever you have at
hand?

PS: I just saw your other mail where you write that catalyst is working fine. I
expected that much. So sdb is again the most suspicious line reported by
dmesg.

Frederic