Re: Machine hangs at boot

On Monday 15 December 2014 15:48:40 German wrote:
> Oh OK, there really is such a disk. Unfortunately I can't remove it. My
> machine was running smoothly for about two months and after kernel update
> this thing happened.

Is sdb supposed to contain a valid partition?

If it is supposed to be a valid disk, then, I would say it is now corrupted…

How frequently do you reboot your computer? If you reboot it infrequently and
just rebooted it after the kernel update, then the disk failure may have been
noticed only then.

As the kernel driver handling that disk is a generic scsi, I doubt a kernel
bug affects your system.

The ata driver can't be blamed here either as it is recognizing sda just fine.

Now, something else may be holding the boot sequence for 26 seconds just
before mounting the swap partition on sda3 but you ruled out a corruption on
sda2. And we lack evidences that any other peripheral is behaving strangely.

Frederic