Can't start nm-applet keyring error

I installed wheezy a week ago (with the installer which includes
xfce), and nm-applet was working fine. But today it won't start and
gives the message:

WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
/home/tom/.cache/keyring-4LJPFc/pkcs11: No such file or directory
** Message: applet now removed from the notification area

(nm-applet:3589): Gdk-WARNING **: nm-applet: Fatal IO error 11
(Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.

Is there a command line procedure to deal with this?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tom Arnall

------
"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the
facts." Will Rogers