Re: music based applications in debian?

On Monday, December 15, 2014 5:10:04 AM UTC+5:30, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Hi all,
> by which I mean for composition, midi  work perhaps Miltie track recording
> etc.?
> I am aware of lilllypond  for producing the actually printed music.  As
> this is a Linux program in general I imagine it is a part of Debian
> somewhere.
> Command line would preferred.
> Thanks in advance,
> Kare

I use musescore for creating/animating scores. (WYSIWYG)
Text (like lilypond) would be easier to enter I guess.
Things like musescore have the advantage that non-musicians can easily read it as it plays.

rosegarden is for midi -- Ive never quite got it to work.

I use audacity for editing sound (wav/mp3) files.
The super-sophisticated app is ardour (I guess)
There are some good command lines apps that visually impaired persons seem to use.
Dunno much.