Bridging and VLANs?

Greetings-

I have an interesting situation that requires bridging some VLAN enabled interfaces together on a Debian 7.x x86 system. On the host, there is a single physical interface passing traffic natively (eth0), and two tagged VLANs also passing traffic (eth0.2 and eth0.3).

The use case is that I need to bridge eth0 with eth0.2, allowing layer two traffic to pass seamlessly between interfaces, yet still leave eth0.3 in a usable state. The switch this system is connected to is for all intents and purposes outside of my control, which is the reason for the odd network setup.

What I'm finding by simply creating a new bridge br0 with members eth0 and eth0.2 is no connectivity on eth0.2, and slow/quirky connectivity on eth0 (native connectivity to Debian 7.x host). In doing research, I've found suggestions of adding the VLAN interfaces to the bridge direct, resulting in a br0, br0.2, and br0.3, but the results were the same. Also, it has been suggested to use ebtables to filter the VLANs at layer 2, but I had no luck there either.

I'm hoping someone can shed light on what needs to be done for a successful bridge of eth0/eth0.2, with an intact eth0.3 (point to point link between Debian 7.x host and another device). All pointers, tips, tricks welcome.

Thank you,

--Tim