Re: Installing a bootloader on a Mac Mini without OSX

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 15:40:33 -0500
Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > I've tried the i386 install (v7.7) CD multiple times and I've tried having
> > it put GRUB on the MBR and on the partition and neither way resulted
> > in a bootable install.
>
> I think this can be made to work with a bit of twiddling (e.g. using
> lilo or grub-legacy, or maybe tweaking of the partition table).
> But without knowing any more details than "(not) resulted in a bootable
> install", it's hard to tell.

The only further details I have is that I didn't see any sign of GRUB on any of the times I rebooted after an install.  The word "GRUB" never appeared on the screen, just the folder-with-a-question-mark icon.

I suspect I had grub v1 on there for a minute or two, the one time I tried the Lenny amd64 disc.  I had the same results there, as well.