Re: Debian fork: 'Devuan', Debian without Systemd

Hallo,
* Erwan David [Wed, Dec 03 2014, 04:13:14PM]:
> > As explained several times on this ML, depending against libsystemd0
> > package doesn't mean anything about requiring systemd to be used as
> > PID1 or not. Even Ian's GR was not taking the "I don't want any systemd
> > package on my machine" use case into account you know.
>
> Why focus on PID1 ? As I said, systemd-resolved proved to be

Because that set of "systemd depending packages" is BS, most of the
ones listed there are only linked with libsystemd0 and might attempt to
send a dbus message here and there, which only has some effect if and
only if systemd is PID1.

Bitching about not used features is like demonizing libselinux1.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<leichenwagen>Erst wenn der letzte Programmierer eingesperrt und die letzte Idee patentiert ist, werdet ihr merken, daß Anwälte nicht programmieren können