Re: udev memory problem when trying to plug a disk with corrupted partition table

On 02/12/2014 20:48, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
[cut]

Also, what is EBR (or EPBR, which seems to be some sort of enhanced
whatever may be a EBR)?

Extended Boot Record on DOS disks ? Where information about extended partition is stored.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_boot_record

To fix things, I tried to take a look at
testdisk, which was able to find partitions. Lot of them, in facts,
included lot of... removed partitions (I did a lot of experiments on
that disk before). Plus, I have no idea about how to ask it (testdisk)
to fix, apply things?
Any document about how to use it? Not the man, I already have read it,
and it's plain useless.

I think you read French, if not the page is available in English too.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_FR

It's from TestDisk author.

Hope it helps.