Re: How to mount an iPod Touch

On 11/26/2014 01:05 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
'Now' I regret not keeping the notes when I setup an iPhone rule for
someone last year! :/
This time I will.
I still get no device under /dev when I plug in the iPod, but ifuse does seem to be successfully mounting the device. I can traverse the fs and ls the files just fine. Unfortunately, rhythmbox and gtkpod now see the device, but they both insist that it is uninitialized and want to initialize it. Since it *has* been initialized and used for several months, this would be a *Bad Thing*. From what I am seeing when I google the error it seems that the problem lies with the fact that Apple keeps changing the database format to make sure that you have to use iTunes and that the libimobiledevice2 that is in Wheezy is still using a much older version of the database. I'm not sure if libimobiledevice4 (in Jessie and Sid) is current enough, or if I need to wait for libimobiledevice5, which is in Experimental). There is nothing in Wheezy-Backports for the library.

Am I interpreting this correctly, or am I way off base?

Marc